Thanks for the comments on my last post. I broke down and bought the Restoration Hardware Lugarno and Heath light fixtures over the weekend. The polished nickel was just calling me in even though I couldn’t get the antiqued brass finish I’d originally wanted. Trust me I found plenty of brass fixtures but polished brass = 80’s and hand rubbed antique brass = awesome but pricey. It was a blessing in disguise really because now that we’re trying to pick out the rest of the finishes for the room I’m finding the silvery tones work well with the marbles we like. I know, I know marble right? I’m the first one to tell you that marble stains, etches, and needs to be sealed annually. It just isn’t as practical as manmade surfaces are but it is so pretty that we’re considering it anyway.
I’ve been busy looking at tile, mulling over marble, and researching light fixtures for a while now. The main bathroom is going to have cool gray tones so we wanted the master bath to have warm tones like the adjoining master bedroom will have. In the bedroom we have a handmade cherry bed frame and plan to supplement it with matching cherry nightstands and dresser someday. So to carry that into the bathroom we are looking to have cherry vanities and linen cabinets but in a darker tone. This is what I’ve come up with so far:
(1) Restoration Hardware Heath flush mount fixture in polished nickel, 17” diameter over the tub
(2) A combination of cream and tan floor tile from Crossville
(3) Kohler 6’ long soaking tub with clean simple lines
(4) Matching tan mosaic tile on the tub base and shower floor from Crossville
(5) Custom made dark cherry vanities and linen cabinets
(6) Mirrors with antique mirror “frame” this one is from Z Gallerie but it isn’t the right size for us so we’re hoping to find something similar
(7) Restoration Hardware Lugarno sconce in polished nickel with bright white mildew resistant silk shades
(8) Calacutta Gold Marble slab, this is an unusually light colored piece with a creamy white base color
I haven’t picked out the shower head, faucets, toilet, exhaust fans, windows, window treatments, sinks, or paint colors yet but it’s a start.
What do you think? Love it? Hate it? Too blah?