It’s been a busy year! We started our biggest remodel to date which we are still in the middle of. Here’s a recap of the house projects we took on this year.
After making over the garage Flannel Man made me a steel potting bench and an island to finish of his reloading room.
The new ATV and snow plow proved to be able to make some nice tall snow piles in its first winter.
The last walls of the garage got painted.
We finished painting and assembling the potting bench and reloading room island.
Laying out some options for the new flower bed along the fence.
We dig the border of the new flowerbed, line it with landscaping fabric, and compacted fill. Then we topped it off with pavers similar to our front flower beds.
Flannel Man pulled down a dead tree in the backyard.
We put our deposit down on the remnant piece of Super White granite for the main bathroom.
I collect buckets full of moss from my parent’s woods and plant it around the flagstone path we built last year. (Don’t worry I didn’t take so much in one spot that it won’t be back by next year.)
We smoother the vegetation in the fence flowerbed with layers of newspaper and top with compost.
The new windows are installed and both sides of the house resided.
We went on a road trip to return the master bathroom tub we bought but didn’t like in person.
We took the floor up so we could install ductwork and piping.
The fence flowerbed is mulched and looking good. We extended it around the oak tree and the big black walnut stump from the tree we cut down two years ago. I plan to put a big pot on the stump next year.
I took two stained glass classes so I can make my own panels for the tall bathroom cabinets.
We put the plywood subfloor back down.
Task lighting over the basement sink finally is delivered and installed.
Our new vanity and storage cabinet are delivered.
We started hanging drywall and taking measures to soundproof key walls.
The tub was set with a mud base and painstakingly made as level as possible.
Flannel Man routed the plumbing for the valve, tub spout, and handheld shower head.
Cement board was installed around the tub and the niches are built.
The electric floor mat was laid down and skim coated over with thinset.
We installed the Ditra decoupling and waterproof membrane.
And just a few days ago we filled the Ditra squares with thinset so we could chaulk out the tile lines.